sgriffin2382

Tough Luck
C.M. Stunich
Conklin's Blueprints
Brooke Page
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
Andrea Randall
Fury
Michelle Pace, Tammy Coons
Remy (Real, Raw & Ripped, #3)
Katy Evans
Remembering Joy
Jenni Moen

Without You

Without You - Brooklyn Skye I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review for SMI Bookclub.

A guy who is in love with his girlfriend and couldn’t stand to be away from her for five excruciatingly long months. A guy who is afraid to lose the one person in his life that brings out the better person in him.” My hand slides down her wrist and grips her fingers. “A guy who loves you more than anything in the world.”

Ask and you shall receive, Without You is a love letter from Brooklyn Skye to her fans. After the wave of emotions that we went through with Torrin and Quinn in Stripped, we too felt stripped bare. Stripped to the core, where there was nothing left to do but heal. With this novella, not only did the healing begin and end, but we came out hopeful for the future and what life would bring these two. I don’t know if there will be more story for Torrin and Quinn, and I almost hope there isn’t. Through ALL the trials and tribulations, truths uncovered, souls bared, love given and received, I know they are on the path to the rest of their lives. That being said, I could possibly see a story for her friend Jessica. The way she left abruptly in Stripped left the door open for MANY possibilities. Alright, I am getting off course here. Back to the main event!

“Turning off my emotions is easier."

“It’s also scarier.” I push her back. “Not that I didn’t like the old you, but this” – I dry her face with my thumb and hold it up to show her the wetness –“is why I fell in love with you. When you feel, it’s intense and penetrating and oceans more than any normal person.”

We don’t waste any time diving back into their lives. We pick up two months where we left off, then a chapter later jump back a month. Torrin had put in an application to intern for a world famous photographer, months before Quinn came in the picture, on a whim. As luck would have it, he is chosen, but it would mean leaving Quinn for five months to work in Puerto Rico. Not wanting to be away from her and scared that she will shut down results in him not wanting to tell her about the amazing opportunity he has received.

There’s this place in me where your fingertips still rest, kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me. ~ Gretchen Kemp

This story is entirely in Torrin’s POV, and I feel like it has more impact than Stripped for that reason! Yes, we fell in love with Quinn and she broke our heart with the emotions she poured out, but, I don’t know. There is something about a man pouring out his heart and soul through inner dialogue that makes me melt. Maybe it‘s the fact that I am a woman and I know how our minds work, but it was so refreshing to hear what went through his mind. How he went through his decision making process, thinking of her first every step of the way, always keeping his love for Quinn front and center. That love played out in all his decisions, and I fell in love with him a little more because of it.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, falling in love with you was beyond my control….

If this was the end of Torrin and Quinn’s story, I was left extremely sated, hopeful, and full of love and wonder. However, if Brooklyn wants to give us more, who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth! I’ll read anything she blesses us with.