sgriffin2382

Tough Luck
C.M. Stunich
Conklin's Blueprints
Brooke Page
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
Andrea Randall
Fury
Michelle Pace, Tammy Coons
Remy (Real, Raw & Ripped, #3)
Katy Evans
Remembering Joy
Jenni Moen

Repair Me (Kin Series Book 1)

Repair Me (Kin Series Book 1) - Jennifer Foor ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

I stared at him, wondering if I should slap him or tell him that every time he spoke I felt like I was on fire.

I have been a HUGE fan of Jenn Foor for a while now! I LOVE anything Mitchell Family related, and devour every single book as soon as they are released. I am invested in each and every character in the series, and long to see where she will take them next. That being said…….this book fell a little flat for me. I wasn’t able to connect with the characters as I usually am with her books. I will try to explain further.

“I’ll fu** you so good that the only car you’ll ever drive will be a Ford, because you’ll never stop thinkin’ about me.”

We start the story with Skylar. Having just found out that her long time boyfriend is a dirty rotten cheating scoundrel, she takes off for a fun weekend at the beach with friends. As luck would have it, her car breaks down and along comes the sexy tow truck driver. Enter Ford. No, not just the truck, the man. The Southern, sweaty, sexy as sin Ford. Sparks fly from the get go between these two, but they are determined that it will just be a fun time and nothing more.

I guess I was just regretting giving myself completely to a guy that didn’t give a damn about even himself.

Honestly the brightest part of this book for me was Ford. Here was a broken man doing his damndest to keep everything together. The only adult in this book that actually takes responsibility for anything, he has dropped out of college to run his alcoholic father’s auto repair shop. Addict Mom is out of the picture in parts unknown, and the entire family is still reeling from the death of his sister, who had also fallen in with a bad crowd. Ford has an excellent head on his shoulders, and underneath his hard exterior is a heart of gold who really just wants to love and be loved in return.

For someone that wasn’t trying to hurt me, he did a d*mn good job doing the exact opposite. Being with Ford felt so natural. The way my hands fit into his and how he touched me made me feel like I’d been with him for years. I hated knowing that it was all going to end.

While there was definite chemistry between Ford and Sky, I feel like a lot of the prerequisite circumstances that cause couples problems weren’t necessarily angsty, but actually annoying. Just wait until you meet Ashley, and Shayne, and Ford’s dad, and Ford’s mom, and Ashley’s Dad, and pretty much EVERYONE that wasn’t named Ford. The next book will star Shayne and Lacey, and I am very interested to see if my opinion of him will change.

4.5 star read for me. I will definitely read it again before the next installment releases, just to get my Ford fix.