sgriffin2382

Tough Luck
C.M. Stunich
Conklin's Blueprints
Brooke Page
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
Andrea Randall
Fury
Michelle Pace, Tammy Coons
Remy (Real, Raw & Ripped, #3)
Katy Evans
Remembering Joy
Jenni Moen

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) - J.A. Redmerski Simply put, words have not yet been invented to adequately describe how I feel about this novel. As jumbled emotions course throughout my veins, my heart tries to put itself back together. Music plays in the background, singing of millions of dreams, and the sound of a song when it hits you just right. I zero in on the story as I try to coax the thoughts from my head and to do this book the justice it so rightly deserves. I won’t allow myself to move on until this is finished, I won’t move from this spot, as if I could even if I wanted to.

Depression is pain in its purest form and I would do anything to be able to feel an emotion again. Any emotion at all. Pain hurts, but pain that’s so powerful that you can’t feel anything anymore, that’s when you start to feel like you’re going crazy.

I loved the way this book allowed me to move slowly along with them, making discoveries of my own as they did, falling deeper into bliss. It wasn’t filled with needless drama, but trust me when I say you will be swept away from the very first page. I found myself looking down at the percentage, dreading that surely it must be over, only to find out there was so much more story to experience. I felt as if I had known Camryn and Andrew forever and I wasn’t ready to let them go.

“Pain is pain, babe.” Every time he calls me ‘babe’ I notice it more than anything else he says. “Just because one person’s problem is less traumatic than another’s doesn’t mean they’re required to hurt less.”

There are so many layers to Camryn and Andrew, and I found myself falling in love all over again. I’ve read this story three times now, and I feel as if I not only get to know them better each time, but learn new things I didn’t notice before. I am going to try to do this review a little differently, and mainly just speak about how they made me feel. I don’t even want to give away small details, for this is truly a journey you must experience with them, and come to your own conclusions. This story left me contemplative, and it echoed in my soul. But isn’t that what we want out of a book? To make us think? I know the ones that stick with me surely do, floating around in my subconscious, waiting for the seeds to take root.

“I think I’ve been afraid most of my life to be myself.”

The despair I felt for a good portion of the book was incalculable. How do you measure what another is going through when they put on a happy face? I can honestly tell you that the ones that appear to have it all together are usually the ones who need a helping hand the most. We all need that human connection. We need to feel as if there is someone out there that cares whether we live or die. We need validation that we have some worth in this world. But most of all, we just need to love and be loved in return. Yes, I just went Moulin Rouge on you 

I just stare breathless across the space, letting Andrew’s voice course through every loft and bone in my body. It’s like irresistible poison: I’m mesmerized by the way it’s making me feel though it has the potential to crush my soul and I drink it down anyway.

This is a story that will resonate to your core, to your very essence. Whom among us cannot relate to being at a point in your life where you aren’t really sure of which direction to go. Unsure of your thoughts, you know you have to do something, ANYTHING, and knowing that it will likely change the course of the remainder of your years. All too often, in fear of making the wrong choice, we choose to do nothing, choose to do what is expected of us. But the brave ones? They set sail, lifting their feet into the air, going wherever the wind may take them. This isn’t just a story about a road trip. Oh no, it is SO much more than that. It is a journey of self discovery, of coming to terms with the past, of embracing the future.

The heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its own way. The mind may be what’s best, but I don’t give a shit what my mind is telling me anymore. Right now, I just want to live in the moment.

I’ve only given this rating to one other book before, but The Edge of Never, without a single doubt, belongs in this category. So nice I rated it twice = 10 soul-searching, heart-breaking, life-affirming stars! Though I don’t know where the road will take them, they will forever have a home in my heart.