sgriffin2382

Tough Luck
C.M. Stunich
Conklin's Blueprints
Brooke Page
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
Andrea Randall
Fury
Michelle Pace, Tammy Coons
Remy (Real, Raw & Ripped, #3)
Katy Evans
Remembering Joy
Jenni Moen
True - Erin McCarthy That pathetic, hopeless wanting. The desire for what you want but can’t have. The need for someone to like you. I recognized it because I saw it in my own face every day.

And with that, we begin the journey into the world of Rory and Tyler, a road filled with self discovery, insecurity, friendship, and finding a family in the most unconventional of circumstances. This road wasn’t paved lightly, there were stumbles along the way, and many tears were shed. But when you are learning who you are, becoming the person you were meant to be, finding the people who will be by your side through thick and thin, tears are nothing but a drop in the bucket.

We begin with your typical virgin, full of self doubt, but under the surface, once you peel back all the layers, you discover that this story is so much more than that. A pretty package is just that. Appearances can be deceiving, and just because you think someone has it all figured out, quite often they are just as lost as you. Let me tell you, if you think women are the only ones full of insecurities, don’t kid yourself. Men are just as, if not more, culpable.

As we walked into the grocery store, my small cold hand wrapped in his big callused one. I marveled at the strange places and people we could draw comfort from, when we didn’t even know we needed it.

Tyler is a protector. Tyler is a friend. Tyler is a brother. When you come to find out the ‘true’ meaning behind the title of the book as well as his tattoo, your heart will melt. As I read the words, I knew I was lost to these characters and this author. I was hooked from the words, harpooned by the depth of feeling flowing from them like waves.

It was then that I realized it would be very easy to fall in love with Tyler Mann. And that if I didn’t want to get my heart broken into a million pieces, I needed to be very, very careful not to do that.

This is one of those stories that literally grabs you from page one. You are sucked in and never want to leave. These four brothers become your family and you just want to protect them and take all their worries away. I have never read a family that sticks together as this one does. Against all odds, against everything working together to pull them apart and dissuade them, they stay strong. Yes, you will experience rage and heartbreak, but don’t fret, around the corner is love. And throughout it all is hope.

I lay in the dark and listened to the sound of his breath as it slowed and evened out, and I marveled at where I was and who I was with. It didn’t make sense. It wasn’t logical. Yet there was no place I’d rather be.

The most perfect things in life never do make sense. But isn’t that the point? You don’t always have to understand the why’s and how’s for it to work. You just KNOW, deep in your heart, no matter what outside sources say. Fight for what/who you want, your faith unwavering. Prove that in the end, you aren’t going anywhere.

Ironic, wasn’t it, that the physical heart was so hard to reach, yet my emotional heart seemed to have been found with very little effort on Tyler’s part.

Heartbreaking and heartwarming story! 5 star read from me!