sgriffin2382

Tough Luck
C.M. Stunich
Conklin's Blueprints
Brooke Page
Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
Andrea Randall
Fury
Michelle Pace, Tammy Coons
Remy (Real, Raw & Ripped, #3)
Katy Evans
Remembering Joy
Jenni Moen
Beautiful Broken (University of Branton) (Volume 2) - Nazarea Andrews ARC provided in exchange for an honest review for SMI Bookclub.

Whew, and with that, we start off with a bang! Beautiful Broken is an apt title for this book, because they characters are oh so broken, but at the core have such beautiful souls. This story was stocked FULL of angst, heart, longing, forgiveness, acceptance, and honesty. It was simply delicious!

She’s asleep in minutes, and I’m left in the dark, holding her. Wondering how I became her safe place, and wondering how the hell I’m going to keep from screwing it up.

I have never read a couple that inspired such trust in each other, in all of us. Dean and Scout are just…… how to put into words? Look up knight in shining armor, and you will find a picture of Dean Guillot. Here is a man who would literally do ANYTHING for this woman, no matter the cost to his safety or sanity, and has time and time again. He is the one constant in her life. Her life full of disappointments, feelings of being unworthy, and general turmoil and avoidance. She has been written off by nearly everyone in her life, but Dean is her one true constant.

“You’re safe – you always have been. You keep the nightmares away.”

The pain radiates off Scout in waves. To everyone else it comes off as being self important, and a user, but Dean sees the truth. He sees it in her, and he sees the likeness in himself. These are two peas in a pod, perfectly made for each other, neither willing to relent and give in to the passion, neither believing they are worth it.

I look at her, clean and healthy, a little weight on her, hair adorable and falling in her face. Eyes clear and questioning as she meets my gaze. This is the girl I fell I love with without trying.

Dean fights the inevitable. Atticus has been his best friend and like a brother for as long as he can remember. The Grimes family took him in when his own worthless parents could care less. Dean carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, guilt from what happened to Scout, to not being able to save his mother and sister. Because of this guilt he pushes everything and everyone away. Women are for sex, not feelings. If you don’t let anyone in, they can’t get hurt, and you aren’t responsible for any choices they make. Once those walls start to come down, the swoon really starts!

“You aren’t the only one with issues, Scout. I’ve got my own to deal with – maybe it’s time you quit deciding what I need and accept that you’re what I want.”

These two fight each other at every turn. It is exhausting, exhilarating, and damn good reading! They come to realizations in their own times, usually not at the SAME time. You will want to throw your e-reader, and then grab it, give it a big hug, and apologize. Nazarea has this beautiful way of writing that allows you to BE THERE with the characters. I could hear the music, feel the angst and heartache, rejoice in the love. I didn’t want for it to end!

I’ve never been held like this – like I am the only thing keeping him from falling completely apart.

What we come to realize, long before Dean or even Scout does, is that she is as much his rock as he is hers. These foundations are what make a strong, lasting relationship. All the elements for success are present, these two hard headed individuals just continue to fight the inevitable.

“Scout. You know what I love about you? I love that you have been through hell and you still fight. You know that you’re broken and you still try. You want to be strong for people even when you don’t realize how strong you are. You’re amazing – I wish I could be as strong as you.”

I ADORED this book and would have happily read a couple hundred/thousand more pages of their story! According to the author, there will be more stories to come, even though this had a clear ending, and I cannot wait. Definite 5 star read for me!!!

“I’m not strong Dane. I’m a mess – a broken, fu**ed-up mess.” “You’re beautiful broken. I wish I could let you see through my eyes. See how strong you are.”